The Shift Foreperson manages production activities in a safe manner, in accordance within Customer, Natech, and ISO Standards.
Natech Plastics is a growing, family-owned provider of engineering, custom injection molding, and contract manufacturing. Many of the world’s leading brands trust the Natech Team to manage our part of their business. We specialize in the design and manufacture of novel disposables for the medical device and consumer industries.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Perform mold installation, set-up, and start up and mold removal.
- Complete and execute the entire task assigned by the 24hrs instructions.
- Process Control & Troubleshooting. Set-up data maintenance including Set-Up Sheet, Mold Setting List, and Mold Change Checklist.
- Responsible for product quality on his / her assigned shift. Address concerns from Quality, Production, & Tooling in a controlled un-biased manner.
- Supervision and training of Floorperson, Lead operator and Machine operators.
- Supervision of raw material resin and packaging.
- Communicate closely with the production team members: Production Supervisor, Quality department and other Shift forepersons.
- E-mail a report of all the activities performed during the shift to the production team.
- May be required to close and shut down plant as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as necessary to aid the company.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- Minimum of 3 years foreperson experience in injection molding manufacturing.
- Capable to do mold installation, set-up and start up.
- Strong communication and mathematical skills.
- Familiar with system base quality approach, specifically ISO 9001.
- Flexibility to work on different shifts as needed.
- Initiative and attention to detail.
- Forklift License
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish.
Natech offers a competitive salary and benefits including medical insurance, performance bonus, educational opportunities, and a profit sharing plan.
Natech Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veterans, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment related decisions are based solely on relevant criteria including experience and suitability.