Natech Plastics is seeking a confident, driven and detail-oriented individual for a Quality Control Coordinator position. In this role, you will be an integral part of the Quality team and ensuring that the innovative devices manufactured here meet our high quality standards. Previous quality control experience is preferred, however motivated individuals with similar skills and ideals aligned with Natech’s core values will be considered.
Position: Quality Control Coordinator
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Purpose: Manage and perform monitoring activities to ensure compliance with relevant quality standards and requirements, eliminate causes of unsatisfactory performance, and minimize ongoing quality risks.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years in Quality Control or related discipline.
- Strong understanding of ISO Quality Management Systems.
- Understanding of injection molded plastics and contract manufacturing.
- Proficient at using inspection and test equipment and interpreting dimensioned drawings.
- Superior computer, math, analytical, mechanical capability, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to move up to 50 lb. objects for a distance of at least 20 feet and to remain stationary for at least 4 hours at a time.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience with SmartScope, Zone-3 Software, and statistical data analysis software
- Experience with internal and external audits
- Create and manage job-specific Quality Control Plans and create and maintain range boards.
- Support QC Inspectors’ Incoming Inspections, First-In Audits, In-Process Inspections, and Final Inspections.
- Process Monitoring
- Perform batching activities, evaluate lot by lot acceptance, and monitor line clearance activities.
- Perform QC activities using statistical quality control, including sampling and process control charts.
- Analyze Quality Control outputs for deviation.
- Design Transfer
- Manage and control design transfer process from Engineering through Quality and Production.
- Manage inbound and outbound product samples and perform First Article Inspections.
- Escalation and Investigation
- Facilitate production escalations and investigations, including root-cause analysis.
- Manage Material Review Board activities, including material and product dispositions.
- Train & support Quality team on new or updated processes.
- Perform file creation and maintenance, and routinely audit records.
- Monitor compliance to and continually improve Quality procedures and work instructions.
- Perform other tasks as necessary to support the Quality Management System.