The Project Engineer will plan and execute projects for internal and external clients.
Natech Plastics is a growing, family-owned provider of engineering, custom injection molding, and contract manufacturing. Many of the world’s leading brands trust the Natech Team to manage our part of their business. We specialize in the design and manufacture of novel disposables for the medical device and consumer industries.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Execute tasks on assigned engineering projects and monitor progress to ensure tasks are completed by committed dates.
- Complete and continuously update detailed project management documentation and other forms as required by Natech’s Quality Management System.
- Provide design for injection molding (DFIM) support to current and potential customers.
- Assist in the management of new injection mold builds: monitor supplier timelines, conduct mold design reviews, prepare Mold Log documents, develop part description forms, assign mold ID numbers, perform incoming mold inspections, and perform first article inspection (FAI) reporting.
- Manage mold modifications, both customer and Natech driven: change impact to tooling, supplier selection and evaluation, timelines and costs, part descriptions, mold inspections, first article reviews , and quality plan adjustments.
- Provide support to production processes and quality team: Fixture and gage design and implementation, participating in internal quality investigations, performing capability studies, and updating procedures and forms.
- Other tasks as necessary to aid the company.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of product design / engineering experience.
- Experience with utilizing the design principles for injection molded plastic parts.
- Experience in design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA).
- Superior proficiency with Solidworks 3D CAD software in executing the design of parts and assemblies, and the creation of detailed 2D drawings.
- Familiarity with other main process technologies associated with product development for plastics and metals.
- Ability to use inspection equipment to verify internal and supplier output.
- Ability to independently manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail, and an insatiable eagerness to learn and grow.
- Experience in project management, and using MS Project to plan and monitor & control activities.
- Knowledge of processing on an injection molding machine.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veterans, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment related decisions are based solely on relevant criteria including experience and suitability.