Position: Process Engineer
Purpose: As the Process Engineer, you will master the science behind injection molding and process engineering to create stable, robust molding processes that ensure long-term high-quality output.
- Direct experience in Injection Molding, Mold / Machine Set-Up, Process Development & Troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Plastics Engineering
- Superior analytic ability and organizational skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing statistics including; SPC, design of experiments (DOE), and capability studies required
- ISO 9001 or similar quality system experience
- Initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to work as a team player
- Insatiable appetite to learn, grow, and progress up the path of mastery of the various disciplines of Management and Engineering
- Master’s degree in Plastics Engineering
- Knowledge of Scientific Molding and Scientific Processing principles & execution
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Experience in operating within an ISO 13485 environment
- Establishing, qualifying, and improving new & existing injection molding processes through the application of Scientific Molding and Scientific Processing principles. Lead the optimization of decorating and assembly processes to reduce cycle time and labor. Drive the transfer through to 24-hour operations.
- Working together with Design Engineering during mold design & build to ensure that machine choice, part removal, and all other process related constraints are identified and taken into consideration.
- Lead the design and implementation of end-of-arm-tooling for robotic part removal and packaging.
- Designing and leading process capability studies in response to internal or external part or process non-conformities. Using root cause analysis to drive improvement of the system & process.
- Coaching Shift Forepersons as they define new processes or change existing processes.
- Communicating closely with members of the Management Team regarding all aspects of process development & control.
- Adhering to quality system requirements, with a focus on continuous improvement in relation to our process set-ups and their maintenance.
- Perform other tasks / projects as necessary to aid the company policy.