Position: Mechatronics Engineer
Purpose: Develop, implement, and improve automation systems and production processes to increase profit and efficiency.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with 3D CAD software, SolidWorks preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Excellent “hands on” mechanical aptitude with basic hand tool proficiency.
- Working knowledge of electrical/controls circuitry and schematics.
- Superior computer, math, analytical, mechanical capability, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to lift 50lb cartons to waist height for a distance of 20ft and to remain stationary for at least 4 hours
- Experience with project management and project management software.
- Experience with PLC troubleshooting and ladder logic programming.
- Experience in developing custom machinery for a manufacturing production environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Design, fabricate, assemble, program, test, and validate EOAT’s, manufacturing cells, equipment, and inspection systems.
- Manage machine and equipment transfers to understand requirements, operation, and develop processes for successful production transfer.
- Manage systems and process transfers from engineering to production team to ensure correct operation, maintenance, and training.
- Identify and implement solutions for safety, quality, and productivity problems on the production floor.
- Document procedures for training, safety, cleaning, maintenance, operation, and troubleshooting.
- Monitor progress to ensure project and task completion on budget and on schedule.
- Investigate new and improved technologies and equipment.
- Manage internal teams, external suppliers, consultants, and contractors.
- Perform other tasks as necessary to aid the company.