Position: Applications Engineer
Purpose: As the Applications Engineer you will build long-term profitable client relationships by generating leads and solving customer needs from initial contact to delivery. You will develop and integrate skills in marketing, engineering, product development, business development, account management, and project management.
- Undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of applications engineering, sales engineering and/or related field.
- Strong writing, organization, and presentation skills.
- Superior self-motivation, curiosity, and integrity.
- Strong computer skills: MS office, especially in Excel
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs at times.
- Ability to withstand prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing and working on a computer
- Proficient in Solidworks.
- Master’s degree in engineering or related discipline.
- Direct experience in Plastics, Injection Molding.
- Professional certifications: PMP, CQE, and / or others.
- Experience with complex B2B sales.
- Knowledge of statistics.
- Business Development – Staff tradeshow booths, follow up with leads, meet clients, and execute follow-up activities with clients. Conduct technical interviews with prospective customers, identify challenges they face and ways of addressing these challenges.
- Quotations – Gather client requirements, research solutions, prepare and present pricing and proposals, and negotiate orders.
- Product Development – Act as a technical liaison between client and Natech project engineers. As necessary, create conceptual designs, design for injection molding, design secondary operations, prototype, and test.
- Travel as necessary to support these activities.